Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Madonna adopts a little boy and Sends out a Press Statement

Last week the world found out that Madonna was adopting a child. At first it was a huge fight because, as many of us heard Angelina Jolie was stopping the adoption. Madonna had received an order that she could not continue with the adoption. I must admit this tore at me, why stop it? Wasn't Angelina's intentions on letting the world know about these children so others would want to help and adopt them? I doubt she'll adopt them all.

Now it appears critics are saying her adoption wasn't right. That she'd somehow not followed the rules. She'd been out there for a week with the child and even got the permission of Little David's dad.

Madonna has issued a statment to all her critics:

"My husband and I began the adoption process many months prior to our trip to Malawi. I did not wish to disclose my intentions to the world prior to the adoption happening as this is a private family matter. After learning that there were over one million orphans in Malawi, it was my wish to open up our home and help one child escape an extreme life of hardship, poverty and in many cases death, as well as expand our family.

Nevertheless, we have gone about the adoption procedure according to the law like anyone else who adopts a child. Reports to the contrary are totally inaccurate. The procedure includes an 18-month evaluation period after which time we hope to make this adoption permanent. This was not a decision or commitment that my family or I take lightly.


I am overwhelmed and inspired by my trip to Malawi and hope that it helps bring attention to how much more the world needs to do to help the children of Africa.


My heartfelt thanks for all the good wishes I have received and I hope the press will allow my family some room for us to experience the joy we feel to have David home.


Madonna Ritchie
October 17, 2006
London, England"

Coming soon, the biological father speaks out...You won't want to miss this.

Tags: , ,

No comments:

Google